Patient and Attendant Rights and Responsibilities
- Be treated with respect, consideration, compassion and dignity, in a safe and clean environment regardless of your age, gender, race, origin, religion, sexual orientation or disabilities.
- Be addressed by your proper name and to be informed about the names of the doctors, nurses and other healthcare team members involved in your care.
- Full protection of your privacy, dignity and confidentiality in care discussions, examinations, and treatments.
- A clear and understandable explanation by your doctor about your diagnosis, as well as the benefits and risks of each treatment, expected outcome and change in medical condition.
- Be protected from physical abuse and neglect.
- Receive information from the hospital regarding the expected cost of treatment and payment policies.
- Request for a copy of your medical records as per protocol.
- For keeping appointments, being on time for appointments, and calling your doctor/hospital if you cannot adhere to the appointment timing.
- For providing complete and accurate information, including your full name, address, telephone number, date of birth, particulars of next-of-kin and insurance company/TPA/employer, past illness, and medication details wherever required.
- For actively participating in your treatment plan and to keep your doctors and nurses informed of the effectiveness of your treatment.
- For your valuables. Please leave your at home and only bring necessary items.
- For treating all hospital staff, other patients and visitors with courtesy and respect; abide by the hospital rules and safety regulations; be considerate of noise levels, privacy and number of visitors; and comply with the ‘No Smoking’ policy.
- For understanding all instructions before signing the consent forms.
Patient and Attendants Rights :
As a patient or attendant, you have the right to:
Patient and Attendant Responsibilities :
As a patient or attendant, you are responsible: